How long do I need to keep my records for tax purposes?

You will need to keep your records for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.

Do I need to record payments from work carried out that are still outstanding on my tax return?

You would only declare income received on your tax return. If you made a loss on your business this would be declared also. You do not record income which is outstanding.

I am both employed and self-employed, how do I record this on my tax return?

You would need to fill out the Employed section and the Self-employed section on the tax return. If you are completing online, make sure you say yes to the option of being an employee and yes to being self-employed in section 3 'Tailor your Return' this will allow you to report you income from both employment and self-employment.

Is it possible for me to print out online Self Assessment forms?

Yes, you can print off the Self Assessment forms using the following link: Self Assessment forms and helpsheets