Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

You still need to renew your tax credits by the deadline in your renewal pack. If you’re unsure of your income for the 18/19 year, please give us the best estimate you can. There’s a box in the Annual Declaration Form that you can tick to show it’s only an estimate.

If you report an estimated income figure on your renewal, you then need to tell HMRC your actual income for tax credits purposes, by 31st January.

You can only do this by phoning our helpline on 0345 300 3900.

Tax credits: general enquiries

To help you work out your correct tax credits income use the Tax credits: income working sheet (TC825).

What income do I need to declare?

You must provide your net profit figure(s) from your tax return by 31st January.

If you have other income that you previously reported as an estimate (for example: dividends, investment income, interest, pension, property/rental, foreign, and notional income) you also need to advise us of these actual income figures by 31st January.

Have you thought about completing your self-assessment early? We’ve lots of help and support to help you do this. Take a look at our Self Assessment board here on the Forum for lots of helpful advice. Why wait until January?

Any questions? Ask us below and we’ll give you the right advice.