Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

You would dispute an overpayment decision if you’ve been asked to pay back tax credits that you have been overpaid and you don’t think you should have to.

You must send your dispute form within 3 months of either the date on the first letter, statement or notice you received telling you that you’ve been overpaid or the decision date on your Annual Review notice.

Use the link to help you decide if you should dispute or not.

Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit: why overpayments happen WTC8