Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Your tax code is used by your employer or pension provider to work out how much Income Tax to take from your pay or pension.

HMRC will tell them which code to use to collect the right tax.

Your tax code will normally start with a number and end with a letter.

1250L is the tax code currently used for most people who have one job or pension. Click on the link below for more information.

Tax codes