Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: claim Stockbroker account fees

    Thank you. I did not mean in the dividends section. I was told Stockbroker platform fees such as Hargreaves Lansdown can be claimed in the "Investment expenses" section of the Self Assessment. As this section is for expenses incurred in the production of income from investments, such as charges for the management or administration of investments or any other expenses that relate to the management of your investments. Could you confirm this is allowable please (or not)?
  • Childcare Vouchers

    I receive childcare vouchers through by my employer as salary sacrifice. I employ a nanny for my daughter. Can I pay HMRC national insurance/income tax as employer (of my nanny) using the childcare vouchers? thank you
  • claim Stockbroker account fees

    I receive dividends from investments above the dividends allowance via a stockbroker platform. The platform charges a monthly fee to access their services. Can the monthly fee be deducted as allowable expense in the online Self Assessment and if so which sections should I use to claim the expanse please? thank you