Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Split year treatment

    Hello HMRC Admin 19, I would appreciate your advice on the following. I am a tax resident for the 2022/2023 tax year. However, I am leaving the UK permanently after spending 130 days in the country. I want to apply for the split-year treatment option for which I will qualify. Do I have to communicate anything to HMRC about my departure from the UK? Do I need to apply for the split-year treatment through a form or website? Or is it only for me to state in my self-assessment at the end of the tax year? Thank you.