Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• ID verification

Hello, I am having issues in verifying my ID to access several HMRC online services. I've ended up in a vicious cycle which seems to have no end. I am a non-UK self-employed, lived in the country for 13 The online chat was not able to assist and addressed me to the helpline on several 0800 numbers. After several attempts with two different employees they said I had to call the 0300 200 3600 in order to be verified. The latter was not able to help and said I had to Verify my identity through the Gov.uk Verify page. The helpdesk said they cannot verify my identity for the SEISS. I then tried to verify my ID for other online services through Post Office and Digidentity, but they also were not able to verify my ID without a UK passport or UK driving license. I am a European with Settled Status UK-based self employed who cannot access anymore ANY service from the HMRC Gateway Page. I am stuck in a vicious cycle of calling the same numbers over and over without A SINGLE EMPLOYEE able to explain what the issue is. What does this mean?