Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Expenses / Capital allowance - work van and machinery?

    If a van has been purchased for work, will this need to be put through as a capital allowance? Then, anything spent towards the van (insurance, MOT, repairs etc...), do these go through as an expense / or claim fuel millage, one or the other? (I think I need to pick one and then I stick to this the whole time we have the van for future tax years?). Further more - any machinery purchased also as a capital allowance? But general things like work clothes, boots, tools, then advertising, business cards, this would be general expenses? Many thanks.