Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Marriage Allowance

    Hi, I would like to transfer my personal allowance to my husband as I have earned less than GBP12,570. I understand that I will need to fill in the relevant sections in my self assessment form. As for my husband, since his company will deduct income tax for him, does he need to fill in any other form to report this transfer as well? Also, how will the tax reduction (on my husband's part) be reflected or refunded to him? Thanks a lot.
  • Income Tax - working for overseas company

    Hi HMRC Admin, I am currently employed by a HK company and working remotely as a consultant on part time basis. I am told by the company that they will have to file and report payments made to me to the HK tax department. However, I am a UK tax resident and I provide the service remotely in UK. May I ask if I would be subject to income tax under HK or UK? According to the double tax treaty, is it correct that my salary will be subject to the place of residency (i.e. UK in this case)? If so, what documents I can use as proof to the HK tax department to apply for the tax relief? Thank you so much for your help.