Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign bank transfer instead of Cheque for tax refund?

    Last week I received a tax refund by cheque from the HMRC (related to my UK pension; I left the UK 30 years ago). I don't have a UK bank account and my European bank doesn't accept cheques. I do have a GBP account with my European bank though. An HMRC adviser just told me he didn't know if HMRC can make a bank transfer into a foreign bank account. He advised me to send a letter and explain my situation. Is there any other department I can contact so I don't need to wait for months for an answer to my simple question?