Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Getting tax relief (pension contributions) from previous years

    Hello I will be making the max. pension contribution (re:tax relief) of £40K this tax year. I have been advised that I can actually 'top up' my contributions from the previous 3 years (in no previous year did I contribute more than £15K) and claim tax relief on those contributions. How do I do this? Do I need to amend my tax returns from previous years (is this even possible)? Thank you
  • Share options (EMI) - How to claim relief?

    Hello - desperate for advice. I'm stuck! I exercised share options (sold the shares) and received a payment from my employer of approx. £50K. The options were granted to me under an enterprise scheme (EMI). My employer advised that (after my 12.3K capital gains allowance), the payment was taxable at 10% My employer did not deduct tax from my payment, and advised me to pay the tax due, through my annual self-assessment. However I cannot work out where (in the SA form) I am supposed to enter this information! - Do I enter the money received under capital gains/disposal of shares? - Which 'relief' (and in what section?) do I tick to ensure I am only charged 10% tax, and not the usual 40%? Many thanks in advance