Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    if that can help anyone, I went directly to the HMRC phone (03002003500), and after a 40 minutes wait I could speak with a very nice lady that provided me with the 18 digit code. I did state that I could not contact the Future Pensions Centre, but that I was determined to pay voluntary contributions. Good luck to all of you
  • RE: How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    Thank you for your answer. Dear HMRC Admin, Is DWP the same as Future Centre? If so, as stated the telephone numbers are unable to cope with the calls volumes, and it is impossible to get through. Therefore I can't progress forward to the process. For Carol and any others having this issue, I have written a letter to the Future Center, requesting to get by mail the information they are unable to provide by phone because they are completely overloaded. I recorded my mail as proof that I requested to pay voluntary contributions before the end of the fiscal year. You may want to try that too.
  • How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    I have checked my NI record and discovered I have a few gaps that I'd like to fill. In that record it is specified the amount to pay per year. I have not been abroad working or any other particular circumstances. But I can't find the process of paying these voluntary contributions. The site first points you to: but there there is not a way to pay anything. Then I found on the web, but to pay here, it is asking a "18 digit characters that begins for 60". Where can I find that code? I have been trying to call HMRC on 0300 200 3500 yesterday and today. I've been disconnected multiple times and wait for around 60 min and disconnected. Impossible to talk to anyone in HMRC. And I assume this will get worse when the end of tax year approaches. I understand that my time to fill these gaps is ending on the 5th-April-2023 but I am unable to contact anyone to proceed with that payment. Anyone can help? Where can I get that mysterious code? Can I send a check to HMRC? Is there a way to contact HMRC other than by phone? Many thanks,