Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• employment and self-employed

In the tax period 21-22, I am the lunchlady and playworker in two different state schools. The salary have already deducted the tax before giving me. Besides that i am piano instructor teaching piano at my home. Since my income from teaching piano more than £1000, so i have to apply self-employed and complete the form of SA100 , am i right? When i am filling in the SA100 for self assessment, i find that the question 1 is about employment, so i have to fill in "YES" because i work two part time jobs in diffetent dtate schools, am i right? Because i fill in YES, so i have to fill up other form which is SA102 about employment. However, most people tell me i no need to pay a tax and fill in the form because my employers have already paid for this. Now I feel confused is when i apply self-employed SA100 of my piano income, i also have to complete SA102 about employment in the state schools. It is quite complicated for me because i have two different identites of job. I don't know which form do i really have to conplete it?