Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self assessment amendment - foreign income

    I have filed 22/23 tax year self-assessment, but made a mistake in handling foreign rental income because I misunderstood the concept of being domiciled. I filed foreign rental taxes on an arising basis and already paid them. I'm not domiciled and did not remit any of that income or plan to do so. I want to file an amendment with the SA109 form and claim the money I paid back. Also, I want to file it myself on paper without using any software. I have a single job and no other complicating factors or sources of income, so I do not owe any taxes to HMRC. Should I file the same return putting "amendment" word on every page, keeping "foreign rental income as it is", just add SA109 and change the tax calculation to 0? Or should I remove "foreign rental income" pages completely (or blank them out) since I'm claiming remittance basis on all of it?