Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Refund Widowers Pension Scheme

    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I know I am entitled to refund of WPS. What I need to know is whether HMRC will tax the refund and if so how is tax applied? Thanks.
  • RE: Reporting savings interest

    Hi. Thank you for replying and good to know I can make a one off payment of tax due on savings interest rather than change income tax code, I don’t complete self assessments. Can you provide a link to info on how I can do this please. I can’t find anything other than access for self assessment, employer etc. A lot of savers have found ourselves in this situation for the first time but information is thin on the ground. We don’t all want our income tax codes consuming our income. Thanks
  • Refund Widowers Pension Scheme

    Hi. I am entitled to a refund of my WPS contributions on final retirement from Civil Service. Is this payment subject to tax please and at what rate? It does not form part of my pension or lump sum. Thanks
  • RE: Reporting savings interest

    Hi. I know now that my savings interest will be over £1000. Is amending the tax code the only way to pay the tax due on interest income please? Is there an option to make a single payment to HMRC for the whole amount due? Many thanks
  • RE: Reporting savings interest

    Hi. My savings interest will exceed £1000 in next FY and I will be subject to tax on my savings interest. I have a work pension only now and don’t complete an annual tax return. I don’t want to have my tax code changed to pay the savings tax due. Is there an option available to me to make a one off payment of the tax due to HMRC instead? Thanks