Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Overpaid tax

    Good morning. I have worked for the same company for the past 5 years as a teaching assistant I work 32.5 hour per week and 2.5 hours in the after school club. Both jobs are on separate contracts but I am paid for both in the same pay slip. My last pay I was given a backdated pay rise from April 2022. Unfortunately I was given a Br code. This has left me in financial hardship as I only cleared £900 my actual wage this month was £2222 my deductions were £1300. When I contacted HMRC I was informed because my full payment disclosure has not been sent for 2 months the BR code was generated. On checking my HMRC app my record only shows up to august this year. And I realised my company had added an extra payroll number to my account.on the 6th November 2021. My pay manger is saying they have sent my full pay disclosure for the past 2 months. Can anyone shed and light on what’s happened here. Both the HMRC and my employer have said they cann give me my tax back.