Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• VAT on goods over £135

Hi, Could you please help me with the following: UK company is VAT registered business selling goods to UK. Most of the goods are sent from their UK warehouse directly to their customers in the UK, but some orders are fulfilled from their EU warehouse. If they sell goods to UK customer worth more than £135 located outside UK at the point of sale, do they have to charge UK VAT?
  • Employer allowance

Hi, I would be really grateful if you could help me with the following case: Company A: shareholder A 33.33%, shareholder B 33.33% and shareholder C 33.33%. They are not connected. Company B: Shareholder - holding company 100% Holding company is owned by shareholder A 50% and shareholder B 50% As per my understanding they are not under the same control, but company A and company B would be connected through substantial commercial interdependence (common premises, common equipment, common management). Can we claim employment allowance for both companies?
  • CT instalments

Hi, I have a question regarding Corporation tax quarterly instalment payments. For the year ended 28.02.2021 company A made a taxable profit in excess of £1.5mln. For the year ended 28.02.2020 it did not exceed £1.5mln threshold. In September 2021 company A became 100% owned by the holding company B. Does it mean that the annual adjusted threshold is: £1.5 million/2=£750000 for the year ending 28.02.2022 even if the company joined the group in the middle of the year?
  • VAT selling through marketplace

Hello, Could you please help me with the following transaction: Overseas company registered for VAT in the UK sold goods to UK via marketplace worth less than £135. Goods located overseas. Do they need to show this transaction on UK VAT return or is it outside the scope of UK VAT and should be treated as export on their domestic VAT return overseas?
  • Dividend income

Hi, If the director/shareholder who is not resident in the UK receives dividend from UK company does he need to declare it on SA? Please note that director does not have NIN and UTR.in
  • business expense

Hi. The company purchased a van which is used by director for business purposes. Director keeps the van at his personal garage when it is not used. Recently director purchased new garage door and flooring. Can the company claim it as a business expense?
  • subcontractor right to work check

Hi. I am aware of right to work check for employees but I cannot find any information relating to CIS subcontractors. So if the company hires CIS subcontractors do they have to check their settlement status?
  • English course expenses

Hi, Our client LTD company reimbursed its employee for English course and English test. An employee is actually a director of the company and is working as a doctor. Can we claim it as a business expense?