Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift Aid & Tax Returns

    I was really intending to ask if there is a way to deal with this online rather than having to set aside a block of time sitting on the telephone waiting to rise to the top of the queue. It's good that I can cancel my marriage allowance online, but I can't see a way to enter data about my charitable donations without going to the phone which I always find frustrating.
  • Gift Aid & Tax Returns

    I am retired and a basic rate tax payer in the current tax year. I do not currently have to submit a tax return. Inflation will impact my index linked pension income in the next tax year and push me into the higher rate band. I know I will have to cancel my marriage allowance (my wife is not a tax payer and currently transfers 10% of her unused personal allowance to me), so I will wish to make a claim for partial refund of Gift Aid to offset the sharp rise in my tax bill. Do I need to fill in a full tax return to claim partial reimbursement of my Gift Aid donations or is there a simpler way to inform HMRC of my charitable donations which will amount to something like £1500 in 2023-2 tax year?