Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Registering FHL with HRMC

Thank you Beth W. The most straightforward response I have received on either the HMRC or OZEV forums! I think is a joke that despite the intention being to support the use of electric vehicles, government departments can not agree how this should work!

Hi, I have been in touch with OZEV and they advise that "In regards to a HMRC letter, it will need to confirm the name of the business, the business address as well as the tax reference/UTR (unique tax reference number). Please ask HMRC if they could provide you with a confirmation that earnings from the property/business that were on your Self-Assessment Tax return and then put the address of the property/business and your business name on the same letter". Is this something you are able to do?

OK. Please can you tell me how I get a HMRC registration letter?
  • Registering FHL with HRMC

Hi, I am trying to complete an OZEV grant application for my furnished holiday let. I start completing the online form and then, after a few questions. I am informed that "You must have a Companies House ID, UK VAT registration number or upload a copy of your HMRC registration letter in order to apply for this grant". I don't have any of these! Not a formal company, not VAT registered and have no idea how I get an HMRC registration letter. Please can you advise?
  • Registering FHL with HRMC

Hi, How do I register my FHL with HMRC? The reason I am asking is that I am looking to install an EV charger and can not access the grant unless I can provide an HMRC Registration letter. Thanks
  • Furnished Holiday Let

We have recently purchase a house and have converted it into a furnished holiday let. Do we need to notify HMRC and where can we get guidance on tax rules?