Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Tax on US Dividends

    Thanks for your reply. Some of that dividend income is taxed twice,15% of all dividend income is withheld by the US, and subsequently anything above £2000 is also taxed here. Do I need to claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief when I fill out my self assessment, or is it done automatically? Regards
  • Tax on US Dividends

    I am a standard rate tax payer and last year received £2500 in dividends from US shares I hold, which were taxed at source. Am I entitled to any tax credit and if so how do I claim on the self assessment form.