Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Split year treatment

    Hi there, I moved to an EU country in August 2021, having previously lived and worked in the uk (resident and domicile) for 10 years. I immediately started working for the EU company on arrival in Aug 21 so no gap in employment. Since moving I started renting out my UK property and still have savings income in the UK. My understanding is that I should be able to apply the split year treatment from August 2021. I would therefore pay any UK tax due up to my departure date and then only declare my UK property income after this date (with all savings income post move being declared in EU country pro-rata)? One complication is that in January 2022 I received a bonus relating to my work in the UK (already pro-rata'd by my company between the UK and EU entities). This is therefore not reflected in my P45 which I received in August 2021. Could you please advise which forms would be required for the above, and in particular how the bonus payment should be recognised? Many Thanks