Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Minimum Foreign Tax Payable for Dividends

    That is very helpful. Thank you!
  • RE: Tax credit relief allowed on foreign dividends

    Hello. I have the same question. I’ve looked at the document called ‘Digest of Double Taxation Treaties’. It refers to “UK income received by non-residents of the UK who are residents” of a foreign country. In my case, and the OP, it is the other way round. I’m a resident of the UK receiving income from a foreign country. For example, I receive dividends from a Japanese corporation and from an Australian one. The tax return asks me to input the “minimum foreign tax payable” for Japanese dividends. But it gives no indication of where I can get that percentage from. The tax website directs me to the same document: Digest of Double Taxation Treaties. I’m sure many people come up against the same problem. Can anyone help?