Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Reporting share dividend income

    I am a UK citizen but not resident in the UK. I have a dividend income of £7500 and savings income of £1800 and no other UK income. Do I have to fill out a tax return as the combined sum is less than my personal allowance? In a post above it was stated that HMRC could be informed by letter, should I do this? Thanks in advance
  • RE: Sending money from abroad to UK account

    Hi, I am a UK national but have lived and worked overseas for 20 years. Each year I have spent less than 16 days in the UK during his time. I have no property or spouse/dependents in the UK and I am not planning to return to the UK for the foreseeable future. I would like to invest some money in National Savings bonds. Would I be taxed on any money that I transfer into the UK? Do I get a personal tax allowance for any interest I would earn? Thank you.