Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hello HRMC, I am a Mexican national with Indefinite Leave to Remain status in the UK. My wife is British. My dad is a Mexican citizen and wants to give me a gift of about £25K to help us move to a bigger house in the UK. Question: Does he needs to transfer the money directly to my bank account in the UK and specify "Gift"; or is it possible for him to transfer to my bank account in Mexico so I can transfer to my UK account? Does this make any difference?