Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • CGT - book cost or adjusted book cost?

    Hi, A few years before I moved to the UK, I bought a flat which I overpaid 10%+. As I wanted to revoke the contract, the seller was willing to pay me cash separately to offset the amount since he did not want to spend extra time to search for another buyer. The transacted value was not amended on record. As I made some profits in stocks and I also sold the abovementioned property at a loss, I try to work out the taxable net gains. I am wondering whether I should take the cost as in the contract alone to come to the loss amount. Or I should take into account the cash which I received separately before I became a UK tax resident. Thanks and regards, K