Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Tax declaration issues for overseas freelance jobs

    I moved to the UK last August and found a full-time job in November. At the same time, I occasionally receive translation jobs on a freelancer platform base onUS. The income after each job is settled in US dollars. I've declared I live in the UK and received the money after tax paid by the platform before it went into my bank account in the UK. I have the following questions to ask: 1. My HMRC income details only have my full-time income information. Do I need to declare the income from freelance work separately? (Taxes have been paid on the platform) 2. If yes, what kind of income should I choose? Is it a kind of overseas income? (Because it is settled in US dollars) 3. My partner also does freelance work on this platform and earns only 2,774 pounds in 21/22. Since he does not have a local full-time job, HMRC shows that he has no tax to pay, but does he also need to declare this income? Thanks for the help.