Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: RSU Income type

    Hi there I also received RSUs from my previous US employer which have vested in the last taxation year. Through the scheme, a proportion of those RSUs have already been sold to cover my taxation liability/withholding tax. Its is a considerable sum, especially as it was taxed at 45% plus NI while I presently have only a minimal income and no NI to pay (though this is income so will likely be lifting to pay NI). I do not have a p60 from the company as I left 2 years ago and the shares only vested this February. My only income is through my company which has been put down in my self assessment as my only employer. Where would I put this income and do I show the tax already paid there or just the income while HMRC will note the withholding tax paid? Do I need to apply an exchange rate? If so which one?