Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Relocation expenses

    Hi, thanks for the information. The above link does not give information about temporary accommodation. But I do see a link from HMRC as below. I am confused whether it covers only international move or not. Please let me know if it can cover move within UK as well.
  • Relocation expenses

    Hi, I had changed my employer recently and relocated to place closer to the office. The movement happened within UK. I had given a temporary accommodation for the starting month and the payment was done by employer themselves. But, tax is deducted from my salary on a later month saying the accommodation was taxable benefit. Could you please help me to understand if it is taxable or not? From my understanding, relocation expenses given in the form of money to the employee are taxable and others are not. Please help. Thanks.