Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: changing of DOB

Hi, I am trying to register for a lifetime ISA but have just found out that HMRC has my wrong date of birth. I have already sent in a certified copy of my driving licence 2 weeks ago to National Insurance Contributions and Employer Office, HM Revenue & Customs, BX9 1AN. I have been told by both HMRC and National Insurance that they have still not received or scanned in this document. This is extremely frustrating as someone clearly made a typo when entering my date of birth - they entered 28 wrongly instead of 23. This is not my fault nor my employer's fault as both of us supplied the correct information. I do not understand why HMRC cannot simply change my date of birth based on the original document that my employer supplied initially? The tax year is ending in April and I am hoping to set up my ISA before then. It's been 2 weeks since I have sent in the documents as requested, but they have not been processed or scanned in. I have also been told it will take a further 6 weeks from scanning. Can this not be expedited since it is clearly the fault of HMRC/National Insurance?