Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Payment on Account

    Hi , Thank you very much for your reply. As I am non resident landlord, I don't have gateway account to see my tax position. In this case, what would you recommend to me to avoid any interest payment? Thank you. 

    Name removed admin.
  • Payment on Account

    Hi Tax Advisor, I have a question about payment on account. My 21/22 tax year due amount is £2094.8, so I made the tax payment plus payment on account for 22/23 in total £3142.2 by 31st of Jan 2023. And I submitted my tax return for tax year 22/23 in Jun 2023, the tax due for 22/23 is £2344.2. Could you advise how much I need to pay by end of July 2023? Is it still half of tax amount of 21/22 £1047.40 or the updated tax amount? Thank you. BR
  • Capital Gain tax for Non UK resident

    Dear officer, I am non UK resident and disposed my investment property last November. I don't have NI number or UTR number but I registered capital gain tax government gateway account online and filled up the form online. And also I have been given the capital gain tax on UK property account number. My questions are: 1. As I don't have NI number nor UTR number, will HMRC be able to identify who declared the CGT? 2. Do I still need to file tax return for my CGT? I did not rent this investment property out since I purchased it to sold it, so no any rental income generated from this property. 3. If I do need to file tax return later this year, do I need to apply for my UTR number or I can just use Capital Gains Tax on UK property account number given by government gateway? Thank you. BR
  • Property Owner and rental income beneficiary are not the same person

    Dear Officer, My son purchased a flat in London for buy to let but the rental income will be paid to my bank account. Could you advise who should file tax return? Both me and my son are non UK residents. Thank you. BR