Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: changing of DOB

Thank you for the responce. What number do i contact you for this form? Has the form got a code? just so i dont get it wrong. I rang NI helpline today to see if there is any progress but to avail none. Only to be told the is now a 50 WEEK delay! I just can't believe it. Thanks Regards Monique
  • RE: changing of DOB

Hello, I recently sold my flat. As it was a second home im required to pay capital gains tax within 60 days. I was trying to open my Govenment gateway account with no joy. I approached my accountant about it and she also tried, again with no succsess. I was advised to contact HMRC about the problem and got told there was no problem there but it must be to do with NI details. After contacting the NI helpline, it came to light my birthday had been inputed wrong in 2008! I was told to get a written letter of proof from my accountant with a signed and dated copy of my passport and marridge cert. This was done and sent. A week later i again, rang and was told that the proof presented to the NI was suffice but was going to take 26 WEEKS to process!! As I cannot get into my Govenment gateway i was again, advised to pay the outstanding balance using my UTR code by my accountant to stop a fine from being issued. This I did. I then rang to tell HMRC what the credited balance was on my account but could not get passed the security questions as my DOB is still wrong. So now the HMRC have my money with no idea of what its for and now my 60 days are up! How can i resolve this as im aware a fine could be held against me and its not my fault.Thanks