Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: working for a company resident in Germany

    Hello, I am in a similar situation, working for a German company and getting taxed at source in Germany. I understand that I need to decalare my German employment income on my Self Assessment tax return and then I can also claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief on the tax paid in Germany on my Self Assessment tax return. This would lead to me paying very little or no tax in the UK (if the UK tax was higher than the German tax I would pay the difference or nothing if it was the other way round). Could you confirm that this is ok even though I work most days from my home office in the UK? Many thanks.