Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• CDS and imports via Parcelforce

Hi All my company's imports are handled by Parcelforce and they are authorized to apply postponed vat accounting and to use our deferment account. On my periodic deferment statements there is the following a notification: "The ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end on 30 September 2022. If you import goods, you need to register for CDS and set up a CDS direct debit instruction for your duty deferment account". So even if my import are handled by Parcelforce I need to register to CDS? Or is there a way to set up a direct debit instruction in another way?
  • unable to get copies of Postponed import VAT statements

Hi I need copies of old Postponed import VAT statements- particularly March and April. I have used the option "request a statement that’s older than six months" on https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/customs/documents/postponed-vat three times already. I always get a message that it may take around 48 hours to get back to me and then nothing is sent t me. I tried also asking for those by writing to hmrcsupport@tax.service.gov.uk - they asked a bunch of follow up questions, and then went silent. This was in November 2021 and they do not reply to ANY of my messages. I called HMRC was bounced around a few times and then was given another email address- from which I received a quick reply that they are not the department I need to contact. So great half an hour on the phone just to receive a useless email address. So can anyone advise how I can get copies of Postponed import VAT statement s older than six months???