Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Informing HMRC on leaving the Country

    Good Morning, I left the UK yesterday to live overseas for a number of years (2 April, so within tax year 22/23). Due to receiving a UK Private Pension as well as employment income, I have submitted a Self-assessment for a number of years and have been asked to do so again for 22/23. My question is: Do I need to submit a P85 now to let HMRC know I've moved abroad or can I just include the Residence pages in my tax return for 22/23 (submitted sometime after 5 April 23) showing I moved overseas in that tax year. Or do I need to do both?! I am keen to obviously make sure I don't miss a deadline but (and it may just be me, so sorry!) the online instructions seem confusing. Thanks in anticipation of your advice