Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign country bank a/c interest

    Hello, I am a permanent tax paying resident in the UK. I have non residential accounts back home and I do earn interest from the money in them and pay tax there too. I have no other form of income abroad. I now understand that I needed to declare the interest earnings in the returns. This is totally an innocent/ignorant mistake and I will now declare this and pay any past dues. Will I be charged a penalty as well? Thanks