Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Tax Return Capital Gain Tax Attachments format

Hi, I had sold some shares that cannot use simple calculations. For example, multi day buy, and bread and breakfast rule. So I cannot use Capital Gains Worksheet nor Real Time Transaction Return for these and need to attach calculations. My questions are: 1. Are there any standard format for the calculation of profit/loss in the attachments that I need to follow? Or just need to be simple and clear? 2. Could I upload a multi page file, each page showing the calculation of each sell of shares? Or need separate file for each sell? Thank you very much Kind Regards
  • RE: cannot report tax return from personal tax account

Hi, Also in the tax return add attachments section, it said: If you have used a Capital Gains worksheet for any of your disposals, the worksheet will be attached automatically to your return. But I can't find where are these Capital Gains worksheet. Please show me how to find it. Thank you very much. Kind Regards
  • RE: cannot report tax return from personal tax account

Hi, There is self assessment page in my tax account and I can report tax now. Thank you very much. I had sell shares more than 20 times, but the upload file limit is 20 files. Could I upload multi page file, each page showing the calculation of each sell of shares? Or I need to use some other way? Kind Regards
  • cannot report tax return from personal tax account

Hello, I want to report tax on selling shares for 2021-2022. I follow what the government letter tell me to do: search 'file your self assessment tax return online' , and it told me to login in my personal tax account. But I couldn't find how to report tax in the personal tax account. There is no such option after searching every page in the personal tax account. Please tell me how to reach the report tax page in the personal tax account. Thank you very much. Kind Regards, 
  • Address not match while register

I try to register self assessment but it send me email and said my address does not match records. It ask me to update address at Personal tax account. I updated and register again but it still send same email said address not match and update address at personal tax account. What should I do? Thank you very much.