Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Lump sum private pension (cashed in) - Self Assessment query

    Can someone help please. I too received over 50k on my pension on the 6. 4. 22 sods law! I only received circa 37k and paid tax of 17k and I'm not a UK resident. I was informed that I should get a refund but want to avoid this same scenario for 2023.I complete form 43,I assume. What do I then put and where. Do I put I received 50k or 33k and risk getting whacked again on that sum because 17k was already paid to HMRC and I've got no income to declare in UK, I'm 55. Can I get a refund, if so, how much, what form or who do I write too.
  • RE: R43 form

    I have lived overseas for the past 17 years and am not a UK citizen but was working at a law firm and received a well earned and rewarded pension only to be shocked to discover that almost RM15k was deducted at source and coincidentally I was born on the 6th April and tuned 55 last year entitling me to same. Am I right in believing that I need to complete a Form 43 and return to you for processing with the proof of what I received. Can I send the form via email and if so to which email address. How long will it take to process as I despertaley need the money during these high living costs days Thank you.