Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Savings interest allowance for a house wife

    I didn’t get a reply to my first question on my interest on savings. As I am house wife how much of interest on savings is tax free ? Your reply will be appreciated. Thank you.
  • RE: Savings interest allowance for a house wife

    I do not have any documents required for a UTR number but I will call HMRC again. Also, I am within my taxable allowance so do I just need to fill the foreign pages on the Self assessment and submit without any amount for tax liability. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • Savings interest allowance for a house wife

    I am a house wife and resident in UK since the last few years. I have foreign savings interest and foreign rental income. I am not sure how much savings interest I can have and when I need to do a self assessment. I have read the HMRC tax calculation example but I still can’t understand my allowance on my savings interest and rental income. I would like to know if it’s 12570+1000+5000. Please advice. Thank you.
  • Overseas rental income (India)

    I have a rental property in India for which I file taxes in India and I am within my allowance in India. I want to know that as per the DTA with India do I again need to include this rental income with my overseas interest savings income for which I need to file taxes. In short do we need to add the rental income to the foreign savings interest for taxation in UK and will I be liable to pay taxes on the Indian rental profits in UK ?The rental income is above UK rental allowance.