Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: how to get a UTR number

My wife completed the online fill in and print form and sent the form to HM Revenue and customs NIC & EO BX9 1AN by Royal Mail Special Delivery Service on 17th October 2022. She is expecting an UTR from HMRC as advised. As mentioned above, my wife is qualified for the split year treatment (criteria case 4 met) for tax year 2021-2022. She only needs to report the income earned in UK part. After she moved to UK from HK in June 2021, since then she was not working and no income in UK part. Is it correct that my wife only requires to send filled SA100 form and SA109 form as Tax return to HMRC once UTR received?
  • RE: how to get a UTR number

My wife met the criteria for split year treatment (split year case 4) for tax year 2021-2022 as we move to UK in June 2021 and started to have a home in UK only in July 2021. My wife had HK salary income while she was working in Hong Kong before June 2021. After we moved to UK in June 2021, she was not working and no other income so no UK part of income needed to be reported. Does she need to submit a self-assessment? if needed, can she send the print form without the UTR?
  • how to get a UTR number

My wife does not have UK passport (holding Hong Kong passport) and UK driver licence, How can she prove her identity using Government Gateway to register the self-assessment and get an UTR number?
  • HK salary earned before moved to UK, and no other income

My wife had HK salary income while she was working in Hong Kong. After we moved to UK in July 2021, she was not working and no other income. Does she need to submit a self-assessment and apply a split year treatment?