Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self Assessment & Confusion Over Unclaimed SEISS

I chatted with someone at HRMC on the web chat and this is what they said: "We are aware there is an issue with the returns for 21/22 at the moment yes sorry. We are working to fix it but do not have a timescale at this time. You would either need to correct the figure and submit the return or can wait an try again at another time. If you amend the figure it will give a warning message but should let you continue with the return" "If you choose to submit the return and it still includes the incorrect seiss figure after it is processed you will need to appeal it at https://www.gov.uk/tax-appeals/decision" I'm going to wait a while and hope that the system is sorted!!
  • RE: Self Assessment & Confusion Over Unclaimed SEISS

Thanks all - there must be a glitch in the system! I agree; the big red warning definitely puts me on edge.
  • Self Assessment & Confusion Over Unclaimed SEISS

Hi there, I have been filling in my 2021-2022 SA form and it states that I claimed SEISS in the last year, but I haven't. I did the year prior and this is on my form for 2020-2021 and I was taxed on it. The amount they are claiming I've taken is the same as the year prior. Does anyone know if there are any glitches on the forms, or if there was some caveat to claiming SEISS that I have completely missed? Many thanks,