Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Error in tax returns filed by Accountant

    I got letter from HMRC saying there is discrepancy in the returns and tax paid for the year 2016-2017. This was filed by our accountant. Having had a close look I noted accountant has accidentally put income from my husbands P60 and his NI number. Hence I have been overtaxed for that year. My accountant asked me to phone the HMRC to correct this , Telephoning the HMRC and wait of 57 minutes on phone they have asked me to have web chat or call after September 4th !!!