Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Tax codes

    That's great, many thanks. I don't understand why i am paying any tax though as between both jobs i do not earn above the personal allowance? When my tax code was amended from 292TX to 500TX i was advised that my employer would stop taxing me and that they would refund me any paid tax through my wages, why would this have not happened and why do i continue to pay tax when i was advised otherwise by the HMRC? Thanks for your help!
  • Tax codes

    I started a second job in September last year. The first month I was emergency taxed, in October I contacted HMRC and my second job tax code was amended to 292TX I continued to pay tax. I contacted HMRC again at the end of October and the man I spoke to was very helpful. He amended my tax codes on both jobs and split my allowance. One job with tax code 757L the second job with tax code 500T. He advised me that any tax I had paid would be refunded in my wages. I’ve received no payments back in fact I’ve continued to be taxed every month. I do not earn above the personal tax allowance. Please can you advise whether I will receive a tax refund at the end of the tax year through HMRC or will it come from my employer. Is there anything else I need to do?