Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to pay Voluntary contributions to fill gaps

    Dear, I have been trying to contact +44 (0)191 218 3600 for days but never get through. I receive a busy tone after having gone through the lengthy but pointless option menu first. Is there a better number?? I am currently living abroad - moved late 2018 - and would like to complete my previous year NI contributions, but believe that the amounts stated to cover the shortfall under my record are incorrect. The amount to cover the shortfall (800 per year) corresponds to a class 3 contribution. As I have paid - and lived - contributions for 9 years, all the way until leaving the UK I should be eligible for class 2 contributions. Looking forward to your answer. Best Regards