Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Residence, remittance basis Box 13

Hi HMRC Admin, Thanks for your advice for those boxes. How about Box 13 ? As split year case 4 applies to me, but the notes mentioned split year cases 1 and 6 only. Which part of the year of the total number of days should be declared ? Thank you
  • Residence, remittance basis Box 13

Hi, According to Residence, remittance basis etc notes (2022) Box13, "...If you’ve not put ‘X’ in box 1 but you’ve put ‘X’ in box 3 because you meet the criteria for any of the split year cases 1 and 6, put the total number of days that you worked for more than 3 hours in the UK during the overseas part of the year in box 13." However I've not put "X" in box 1 but I've put 'X' in box 3 and I meet the split year case 4 instead of case 1 or 6, should I put the total number of days that I worked for more than 3 hours in the UK during the overseas part of the year ? Thanks
  • Capital gain tax

Hi, i've sold 2 stocks with total gain of £1,381 in tax year 21/22, do i need to declare the gain to HMRC? Thanks
  • Foreign Income

Hi, I've foreign self-employment income from Hong Kong in tax year 21/22. During filing the self assessment, besides self-employment page, do i need to submit Foreign page if I do not claim for Foreign Tax Credit Relief ? Thanks