Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign Income for the period before becoming UK tax resident

    I relocated within my company from Hong Kong (HK) office to London office in 2021. My HK Last Date was 5th Apr 2021 and my UK Start Date was 6th Apr 2021. I was paid part of my year-end bonus in Mar 2022 to my HK bank account (in HKD) for the period of 1st Jan 2021 to 5th Apr 2021 (i.e. before I became UK tax resident). The P60 form given by my company for 2021/2022 financial year DID NOT include this part of HK income. Is this HK income UK taxable? Do I need to report this HK income for 2021/2022 self assessment (and hence pay UK tax for it)? Thanks!