Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Registering power of attorney

    Hello I posted a printed copy of my Power of Attorney for Financial Affairs for my father back in May. This has been returned to me but I have heard nothing further. What should I expect from HMRC to know that they have agreed that I can managed my father's tax affairs on his behalf?
  • RE: Interest/Investment/Savings Tax Queries

    Hello My father, for the first time ever, will have income from interest from bank and building society accounts that amount to over £1000 (he's not entitled to the £5000 savings limit and he has used all his Personal Savings Allowance up with pension income). Am I right in thinking that the banks/building societies will inform HMRC of the interest and HMRC will adjust his tax code accordingly and we actually don't need to do anything? Thank you for your help. (I realise this is a question but I can only see a box to post a 'reply' apologies if this goes to the wrong place!