Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Not Self Employed - But need to submit SA form - HMRC Agent told me to circumvent process...

    Hi All, Not self employed but I have been asked to submit the SA form as I hit certain criteria through my employment. The company I work gives additional benefits to salary e.g. private healthcare & a car allowance but taxes absolutely everything at source so there is no P11D form created (and won't be supplied by my company). I phoned up and was told by an agent that I need to circumvent the IT system a little which I'm not happy with - in essence I've been told as everything is taxed at source then I have just to supply amount earned & amount taxed - but in order to do so i've to click "No" to receiving a car allowance/benefit and "No" to receiving private healthcare.... the problem being that I do, but they are both automatically taxed at source and the system doesn't offer this an an option when trying to submit the SA form. Filling these in asks for amounts which I don't have access to - it also assumes tax hasn't been paid on this which it has. Is anyone else in the same situation? Can someone help or point me in the direction of some written documentation stating that's what I need to do when everything is taxed at source? thanks in advance!