Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: When to send an Individual DT

Thank you for your answer. To be cristal clear, if I receive pensions from three different sources (eg State Pension, Private Co Pension, SIPP) I need to follow the same process three times and complete three separate "Individual DT Forms?

Hello, I am tax resident in France and I expect to receive a first annuity payment from a UK company pension scheme early next year. I then expect to make a large withdrawal from my UK SIPP. After I receive my first annuity payment which will necessarily suffer withholding tax, Il will send HMRC my Individual DT form in order to receive a tax refund. My SIPP provider tells me they need to be send a “nil tax code” from HMRC. Will the Individual DT form related to my annuity payments enable the SIPP withdrawal to be tax free (ie enable a “nil tax code” to be issued) or will I have to send another form? Thank you

Question for HMRC. I am resident in France and I expect to receive pension payments from the UK soon. HMRC seems to specifically ask to wait for the first payment (which will suffer withholding tax) before sending the Individual DT form aimed at setting a nil tax rate for future payments and then ask for a refund for the tax withheld. Why is it not possible to send the form in advance, avoid the withholding tax and save everybody time and effort to claim it back? Thank you