Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Private residence relief and self assessment

Hello, I sold an oversea property at Feb2022 and it is qualified for full private residence relief. It is owned by me and my wife (50:50). As I have other foreign income, I will need to do self assessment. While my wife doesn't have any income, she will not submit self assessment. But for this property, do we both need to submit sa108 to report the CGT? Thanks!
  • RE: Split year and foreign income from employment

Thanks Admin. In HK we have tax allowance like dependent children, married status and etc, and the allowance is for whole year. So, how to calculate for the HK taxable amount in this June - Sep period? In my case, - I was HK tax resident from Apr - Sep 2021, 5 months - Stayed in HK from Apr - June 2021, 2 months - Moved to UK and stay there from June - Sep 2021, 3 months Which one is correct to calculate the HK tax allowance for June - Sep 2021 period? Thanks! 1. the HK tax allowance divided by 12 and times 3 2. the HK tax allowance divided by 5 and times 3 3. apply the whole HK tax allowance Thanks.
  • RE: Split year and foreign income from employment

Thanks Admin. In HK we have tax allowance like dependent children, married status and etc, and the allowance is for whole year. So, how to calculate for the HK taxable amount in this June - Sep period? In my case, - I was HK tax resident from Apr - Sep 2021, 5 months - Stayed in HK from Apr - June 2021, 2 months - Moved to UK and stay there from June - Sep 2021, 3 months Which one is correct to calculate the HK tax allowance for June - Sep 2021 period? Thanks! 1. the HK tax allowance divided by 12 and times 3 2. the HK tax allowance divided by 5 and times 3 3. apply the whole HK tax allowance Thanks.
  • Split year and foreign income from employment

Hello, My situation below: 1. I had a job in HK 2. I moved to UK at June 19, 2021 and split year treatment started at this day 3. I remotely worked for this Hong Kong employer from June 19 - Sep 4, 2021 4. The tax from income June 19 - Sep 4, 2021 are paid to Hong Kong government 5. I had a new job in UK at Sep 5, 2021 Question: Do I need to report my income from June 19 - Sep 4, 2021 for that HK employer? If yes, how to calculate and report? Thanks!
  • Split year and foreign income from employment

Hello, My situation below: - I had a job in Hong Kong - Moved to UK at June 19, 2021. Split year started at this day - Remotely working for this Hong Kong employer from June 19 to Sep 4, 2021. - I started another job in UK at Sep 5, 2021. Question: Do I need to report the income from Hong Kong employer between June 19 - Sep 4? If yes, how to calculate and report it? Thanks!
  • RE: Start date of split year treatment

Hi, I reviewed the information and I think I am case 8. I have a home in my original country and have a new one in UK. But it didn't mention what the "home" meaning is. Is it defined by the rental contract starts or the date I moved in? Thanks!
  • Start date of split year treatment

Hello, I moved to UK at June 19, 2021 and my rental contract started at the same day. However, I had to go to an airbnb for quarantine and I can only moved in to the rented house to start my home at July2, 2021. Hence, which date should be my start date of split year? Thanks!
  • Split year treatment and year end bonus

Hello, I moved to UK at June 19, 2021 and I am qualified as split year treatment. My company gave me a year end bonus in August which cover my working period from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. How to calculate the taxable part of this bonus? Is it just the amount of bonus divided by 365 days and then multiplied by 11 days which I should pay tax on it? Thanks!