Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Not receiving the UTR number

Hi. I have registered for self assessment on late September and waiting for the UTR number for more than a month. I have contacted the adviser twice in early and mid October and the helped to register again and assumed to receive the UTR by late Oct 2022. It is November 7th and I still cannot receive the UTR. Will there be any other support to help me get the UTR number? Also. Will I be penalized if I don't receive the UTR after 31 Jan 2023?
  • Deadline for using commercial software

There is a software called 'self-tax" and I would like to know if HMRC accept using this software for self assessment tax return? I need to complete SA109 which is paper form only. If I use the commercial software with all forms, including SA109 for online submission, is the deadline of submission is on 31st January 2023?
  • How to find my self assessment submission record

I sent my self assessment on 30th Sept 2022 and knew that a letter with my UTR number will be received in 10 days after my submission. When I logged in to my HMRC account, I checked my message and progress and found that there are nothing received by the HMRC. How can I check to confirm if my self assessment is submitted? Should I sent again because today is the deadline of the self assessment submission. Will I cause any confusion if I submit the self assessment again?